Razor Honing Service
Shaving Style offers straight razors honing service for straight razors with a minor cutting edge wear and dull blades.
We offer hand honing procedure using the following stones and materials:
- DMT benches (D8C, D11F,D11E and D8EE)
- Naniwa (5k, 8k and 10k)
- Shapton (12k, 16k and 30k)
- Japanese from Nakayama mines
- Balsa benches with different diamond pastes
- Chromium Oxide Pastes (0.3-0.5 microns) and Diamond Pastes (0.25; 0.5; 1; 2 and 3 microns)
- Finest leather Russian strops (pasted and free of paste for final keen edges).
The stones for the honing procedure will be selected upon a razor blade condition, material properties and hardness.
Honing service will be available only after prior communication between customer service representative and the owner of the razor to determine if there are any issues with the razor. Customers must provide: razor condition and the manufacturer.
Price for one razor ordinary honing service $20 CAD, plus return shipping with delivery confirmation. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- Honing services do not include a razor restoration or others specific work.
- All razors must be without damages, free of rust, lubricated and absolutely clean.
- Unfortunately Shaving Style cannot provide honing service for some modern and old razors made by unknown manufacturer (please contact us for details).
PLEASE NOTE: Honing service is ONLY available to customers that are looking to purchase our New or Restored straight razors.